New to our 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is our bursary program!
If you feel called to this path but are facing barriers in becoming certified, we want to hear from you.
Applications for our spring training are due by March 8th.
To submit, click here.
Our goal is to create more opportunities for those facing barriers in becoming certified yoga teachers, and who wish to be a part of creating safer, more diverse, inclusive and accessible yoga communities.
This bursary will cover up to 50% of the tuition for all three modules of our 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training. Travel, accommodations and food are not included.
Who Should Apply?
Any individual who:
- Self identifies as BIPOC, LGBTQIA2S+ and/or person with a disability and intends to use their gifts and experience to make the community a more accessible, safe and inclusive place for everyone.
- Is engaged with their community through social activism, volunteerism, or environmentalism.
- Is actively self-employed or employed by a not-for-profit organization, or charitable organization.
- Believes their work contributes to positive change and an elevated awareness in their community and is willing to share their story with us.
To apply, we invite you to submit a one-page typed essay or 5-minute video with the following:
- Your story
- The role that yoga plays in your life
- How being a recipient of a bursary would impact you
- Your inspiration behind becoming certified
- Your plans on how you’ll share yoga with your community
- How you plan on incorporating your learnings into daily life post-training
Kindly also include 2 letters of reference:
- One personal
- One professional
We want to declare up-front that we will be inviting our bursary recipients to do the following post-training:
- Community Seva & Volunteer Service: teach 25 complimentary classes outside YYOGA community post graduation (Community Centre, Karma Yoga, BIPOC, ARC or LGBTQIA2S+ organization).
To submit, visit our Contact Us page.