To our YYOGA fam,
As you may be aware, our close-knit Lynn Valley community was devastated by senseless acts of violence on Saturday that have shaken us to our core.
Our hearts are absolutely broken for the victims and their families.
We stand together with the rest of our North Van community in grief.
As our Northshore Elements studio is located in the village plaza near the library, we cancelled some of our classes this weekend which now have resumed.
Thank you to everyone who sent kind messages, checking in with Adriana (our Studio Manager) and the team and teachers there. Your care and support has meant a lot. Our team members are safe and we are providing support for them.
If you, or anyone you know, also needs support, the North Shore community has come forward to provide various options available to you. We are working on compiling those services here for you and will adjust this post as we learn of both support services and ways to support the victims of this violence.
|North Shore Wellness and Resilience Centre|
Karen Magnussen Community Centre
2300 Kirkstone Road
11 – 6pm daily beginning March 29
The centre is a space for the community to access services to support their mental and emotional well-being during this difficult time.
Counsellors are on site to provide support, and are available on a drop-in basis (no appointment required).
COVID safety protocols are in place, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be available.
If you have questions please email email@example.com.
Family Services of North Shore
Short term support offered.
Providing short term – no fee – support for those struggling to cope.
Longer term other counselling supports will also be available in their regular counselling programs
Thrive Family Programs team will be connecting with parents / children this week.
Virtual support is also available:
• Visit the 24-hour Mental Health BC online service: http://ow.ly/2Kz150EbJvf or call 310-6789
• Crisis Centre of BC (free 24/7 confidential support for anyone in crisis) 604-872-3311
Additional resources for parents and community members:
• Foundry North Shore provides virtual drop-in support for youth aged 12 to 24. Call 604.984.5060 to arrange a Zoom call.
• Family Services of the North Shore at 604.988.5281
• Hollyburn Family Services at 604.987.8211
• Responding to Stressful Events: Helping Teens Cope
• Responding to Stressful Events: Helping Children Cope
• Responding to Stressful Events: Taking Care of Ourselves, Our Families and Our Communities
• Helping Children Cope with Traumatic Events
• Social Emotional Learning and Mental Health (NVSD)
Thank you to the wonderful people of North Van.
We love you.