We’re compiling a list of resources for those who wish to help and for anyone affected by the BC Floods. This is a living resource that we’ll continue to add to as the days go on.
HOW TO HELP
Communities are in need of bottled water, ready-to-eat food, baby formula, diapers, gift cards, and more.
You can drop these items off at any of the locations below;
- The Local Space – Surrey, Langley & Chilliwack, BC
- Art of Alchemy – Mission, BC
- City Dream Centre – Surrey, BC
- Christian Life Assembly Church – Langley, BC
- Old Yale Brewing – Chilliwack, BC
- Strange Fellows Brewing – Vancouver, BC
- Mamas for Mamas Vancouver
- Archway Food Bank – Abbotsford, BC
In Loving Memory – Donations Needed
- GoFundMe Page for Hadzic Family: A fund has been started to help support the daughter of Anita and Mirsad Hadzic. The couple fell victim to the mudslide on Highway 99.
Want to help from outside the province?
BC Red Cross
- Text BCFLOODS to 30333 to make a $10 donation (billed to your phone)
- Visit: spca.bc.ca to donate supplies and funds
Public Information Line: 604-864-5688
Fraser Valley Tradex: 1190 Cornell St.
- Emergency reception centre. Food, water, rest area, wifi, phone chargers
Cyprus Centre: 2616 Ware St.
- Space for youth ages 12-24
City Life Church: 4661 Chilliwack Central Rd.
- Meals and accommodation
If you’ve been evacuated;
If you are on evacuation order or displaced from your home due to the flood you can register with the BC Government Emergency Support Services.
PET/ ANIMAL HELP
- Offering shelter for animals in the province.
Langley Animal Hospital
- Providing flood-related pet boarding, pet food and supplies.
Vancouver Humane Society
- Covering veterinary costs for pets and connecting people with volunteers who will help get animals into temporary housing if needed.