|Position: Studio Manager (Operations)||Schedule: 40 Hours a week – Salary|
|Reports To: Operations Manager (OM)||Direct Reports: Guest Experience Team Members|
Housekeeping Team Members
An integral part of our Operations leadership team, the Studio Manager is a highly involved community leader who supports their team in delivering the YYOGA experience in their studio. They work closely with the Operations Manager to execute their studio’s strategic plan overseeing the day to day leadership and operations for their studio.
The Studio Manager is a dedicated people leader that guides and manages all aspects of the studio team’s YYOGA experience with the intention of building the best team in our industry. They are responsible for driving guest engagement and attendance by developing their studio’s programming schedule and supporting their teachers. The Studio Manager cares deeply about the guest experience, and prioritizes ensuring our studios are operating in a way that embodies YYOGA’s values and standards. In addition to their team leadership duties, they support studio operations by building community and connecting to our guests, executing initiatives in studio, upholding operating standards and diligently completing administrative responsibilities.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about people leadership. You are comfortable being in a position of leadership and love investing time into coaching and supporting others. You have one or more years of previous experience leading or supervising a team including leading activities like hiring, training and coaching. If you have experience in the fitness, retail or hospitality industry, that’s a bonus.
- You love working with people, and you strive to help both guests and team members have the best experience possible. You do everything you can to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for your team and guests.
- You’re also passionate about business operations. You understand that running a business, even a yoga business, means managing studio activities to maximize profitability.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take the steps to help us drive successful business operations. You have experience with basic business operations and/or are quick to pick up these types of skills. You can be diligent with details when the task at hand calls for it and you are comfortable with administrative tasks and working with computer systems.
- You love the YYOGA brand, and enjoy being in our studios and championing the YYOGA experience. You are enthusiastic about helping us sell our memberships and expand our community.
- You value working within existing systems and policies, but you are also comfortable navigating the grey zone when a circumstance calls for a different approach. You’re comfortable being the leader on site and can make tricky decisions that balance the various needs of the business.
- You are a problem solver at heart – you can see the solution through the challenges and you are rational and grounded working on the fly when dealing with novel situations.
- You’re a great communicator – you’re clear, kind and thoughtful with your words.
- You’re highly professional, approachable and friendly.
- You know how to have fun while working hard, and you contribute to a motivating and positive work environment.
- You enjoy learning and taking on new challenges – you are adaptable, quick to pick up new skills, open to feedback and you search for opportunities to learn within your role.
- You like collaborating with others but have the confidence to work independently and be the leader in the studio.
- You enjoy being in your studio and are able to meet the specific and ongoing needs of the studio’s operating schedule. This involves select evening and weekend availability, as well as the ability to support occasional emergency situations outside of your usual working hours.
- It would be a huge asset if you have your 200hour Yoga Teacher Training certification and/or experience teaching yoga or fitness classes.
- We would also love it if you have 12+ months experience in a Lead or Supervisor position at YYOGA
What You Do
Team Leadership & Support
- At the heart of the Studio Manager position is being the primary leader and point of support for your team – this includes the Guest Experience Team as well as the teaching team.
- You are continuously helping your team to grow and develop. You do this by training and coaching studio team members to help them bring out their strengths. You diligently ensure your team follows operational policies & procedures. You also recognize your team for their achievements and if you need to share constructive feedback you do so in a proactive, respectful and timely manner
- You’re action oriented and thrive in a busy work environment. You work closely with your team, stepping in to help them manage the flow and workload of their day, modelling best practices and coaching them to continuously develop their skills.
- You motivate, coach and support team members to achieve individual and team goals which help contribute to the success of the business. You rally the team around sales goals and celebrate achievements with recognition.
- You work to keep all members of your team on the same page and communicate in a clear, objective, respectful, and timely manner regardless of circumstances.
- You develop your studio’s operating schedule to meet all operational needs and efficiently utilize resources.
- You lead the recruitment, hiring and training of studio team members that are the best in the industry.
- You execute the YYOGA HR cycle including: check-ins, reviews, performance management and exit procedures.
- You regularly attend classes at your studio, getting to know your teaching team and their teaching styles. You work closely with the Director of Programming to create a programming schedule that is thoughtfully built, meets the needs of your community and drives excitement and class attendance.
- You celebrate your team’s successes and deal with team and interpersonal issues with grace, respect and kindness.
Community Experience, Engagement & Support
- You work very closely with the GE team and regularly support them on the desk. You’re an expert at providing great service and you lead by example and ensure all team members consistently deliver YYOGA service standards. You are a champion for the YYOGA experience and you model, train and coach behaviours that promote guest engagement, community building, loyalty and sales.
- You are highly involved in the YYOGA community and regularly engage with YYOGA’s services, programs, products and campaigns. You’re always in the know with all current and upcoming promotions, events, offerings, and policies. You use your strong communication skills to keep your team up to date and motivated around YYOGA initiatives. You support the team to adjust to changes by clearly and actively communicating and training team members in a way that’s engaging and supportive.
- When things get challenging, you take the lead with guest service escalations and utilize YYOGA systems to resolve service issues in a timely manner.
- You’re great at viewing things from the guest’s perspective and complete regular audits of service standards, always looking for opportunities to improve on the guest experience and guest loyalty. You use the knowledge gathered from your studio audits to create and action a development plan to make improvements.
- You’re the main representative of your studio within your community. You act as a bold connector in the community by dreaming, developing, and nurturing hyper-local community partnerships that add value.
Studio Operations & Department Partnerships
- You understand that the foundation of your community is stable business operations and you manage studio activities to maximize profitability. You monitor studio financials and execute a monthly plan to address areas of opportunity to maximize profitability. You manage your costs within your budget.
- In the spirit of creating a consistent high quality experience for all guests, you’re diligent about following YYOGA standards.
- You’re at home using technology and navigate our booking platform and other systems with ease and expertise.
- You care for our facilities as part of creating a great guest experience. You ensure our facilities are inviting, comfortable and well cared for and proactively communicate any repairs and maintenance work required to uphold YYOGA standards. You make sure the studio is well equipped by maintaining appropriate supply levels. You also act as the main point of contact with your studio’s property manager, contractors and service providers.
- You care about the safety of your team & guests and ensure team members follow all health & safety systems.
- You can tap into detailed and administrative work when the task at hand calls for it. You accurately perform payroll approvals, cash procedures, guest account management and other administrative duties within designated deadlines. You care about getting things right and communicate discrepancies or concerns with collaborators.
- You’re a proud advocate of the YYOGA brand and help us execute company wide campaigns by ensuring all marketing materials and signage are current and well cared for.
- You help us maximize retail sales by merchandising, replenishing and maintaining the boutique and engaging and training team members regarding product knowledge. You oversee inventory management and shipping and receiving procedures and take steps to help us prevent and address product loss.
- You are the main point of contact for your studio with our Basecamp (head office) team. You regularly communicate with members from other departments and work collaboratively with them to execute initiatives in your studio. You share feedback with the Basecamp team about opportunities to improve on the YYOGA experience and business operations and stand out as a leader within our industry.
Other duties as assigned
What We Offer
- A complete compensation package including participation in our bonus program and a mobile cell phone stipend to help cover cell phone costs
- Generous time off entitlements including three weeks of vacation time to start and quarterly flex days
- A supportive work environment with ample opportunities for learning, growth & development including a continuing education allowance to help you build your relevant skills and your career at YYOGA
- Health benefits like a health spending allowance, unlimited access to mental health support through a Telus Health subscription and a complimentary YYOGA membership for you and your partner/dependent
- Access to YYOGA at Home and discounts on great extras like YYOGA retail products, workshops, teacher training & community partnership offers
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YYOGA invites and encourages all qualified people to apply; we believe in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic. Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our team.
YYOGA values learning and development; we encourage those who do not meet all of the above requirements but are passionate about the opportunity to still apply. We thank all those who apply for their interest in working with our team! All applicants are reviewed and those selected for an interview will be contacted within a reasonable time frame.