Do you love spreadsheets, numbers and get excited when reconciliations balance to zero? Do you love digging in to details and helping others solve financial problems? Are you passionate about wellness and the opportunity to practice yoga?
This could be the gig for you!
We’re looking for an awesome Junior Accountant to add to our collaborative and vibrant team. The Junior Accountant will be responsible for the processing of all financial information related to multiple YYOGA studios in B.C. Areas of knowledge include Accounts Payable, inventory, bank reconciliations, variance reporting and intercompany transactions.
WHO ARE WE
YYOGA is a Vancouver-based yoga and fitness company with 9 corporately owned studios in Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, North Vancouver, West Vancouver and Whistler. Our purpose is to create communities for health and wellness where everyone is welcome, supported and inspired to grow. Our vision is to make the world a better place! YYOGA offers the challenge of interesting work, a great organizational culture, an opportunity to collaborate, and provides support for your growth and development. This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to gain hands-on experience in a dynamic, growing company.
WHO YOU ARE
You thrive in a fast-paced, self-managed environment where you can contribute your passion for numbers and results oriented approach. You will work with a close-knit, business focused Finance team to support multiple locations. You act with integrity and are comfortable working cross functionally with multiple departments.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Full cycle accounting for multiple studios including: processing/reviewing daily cash receipts, sales, accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany transactions and preparation of journal entries
- Review financial statements at studio level for reasonability and accuracy
- Reconcile bank accounts on weekly basis
- Prepare monthly variance reports, balance sheet reconciliations and accruals
- Prepare and reconcile government remittances
- Administer all vendor payment processes
- Administer the accurate receiving, reporting and accounting for inventory management systems related to retail and consumables
- Work with all team members to ensure that all financial information is accurate and processed in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Studio Managers and Supervisors to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Initiate and develop process improvements that support the effective and efficient delivery of financial systems like accounts receivables, payables and inventory
- Continually fine tune policies and procedures relating to Finance department needs
- Provide input during the annual budgeting process
- Assist the Director of Finance with the preparation of year-end working papers for audit and tax
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in accounting or business management
- Preferably a CPA designation or actively enrolled in the CPA program
- 3 years or more of progressive experience in accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft desktop applications (Excel and Word)
- Deadline oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and able to work under pressure
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Passionate about working with people and enjoys building relationships
- Customer service fanatic with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player-willingness to take on tasks
- Experience with Sage an asset
IT’S HELPFUL IF YOU:
Have a passion for yoga, fitness, and community!
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Extended benefits
- Unlimited yoga and fitness pass
- A dog friendly office
- Amazing office, work environment in Vancouver, and location close to major transit
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity for growth and development
Let us know why you’d be an awesome fit for this role and submit your resume and cover letter! Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day, Monday, January 4, 2020. Interviews for potential candidates will begin right away.