Reports to: Content & Community Manager
Works closely with: Graphic Designer, Manager of Digital Engagement and Director of Marketing
40 hours – Full Time, Permanent
Schedule: Primarily Monday – Friday however occasional weekend and evening work may be required
We’re working to make yoga more accessible to Canadians through world-class yoga experiences in our 5 Lower Mainland locations and virtually through our digital platform and class streaming app YYOGA at Home.
Focused on offering the highest quality teaching and classroom experiences, we’re working to support the wellbeing of Canadians through yoga, fitness, meditation and signature classes. We believe that yoga is for everyone and every body, which is why, from beginner to advanced, all levels of practice are welcome in our community.
We are a small team of passionate individuals working to support our community in their exploration of mindful movement because we know the positive impact this practice can have on people’s lives. Our newest role will join this mission and help us bring our brand to life across social.
WHO ARE YOU?
You have a positive attitude, egoless nature, and desire to work within a collaborative team as an active contributor. You are organized and detail-oriented, as well as passionate about the world of wellness.
You’re excited by social media and the endless content opportunities it presents. You’re the type of person who can identify an early TikTok trend and has buckets of ideas around how to bring that trend to life on behalf of a brand. You aren’t afraid to take initiative and drive the execution of an idea from start to finish. You’re experienced at working on a remote team and understand the importance of tools like Slack & Asana to stay connected. Professionalism is your middle name and you recognize the value and importance of responsive, transparent and proactive communication.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who loves a dynamic work place that includes hopping into our studios, bopping around the city to gather content, as well as structured work. You deeply understand social and are accountable, proactive and thrive in a test-and-learn environment. It definitely helps if you have a sense of humour too!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As part of our Content & Community team, you’ll use your creativity, design thinking, and strong planning skills to translate brand messages into effective social content that is informative, compelling, entertaining, and customer-centric.
You’ll take our brand marketing strategy and help come up with channel-specific action plans for social with a focus on multi-media content and growth on our priority channels of TikTok, IG and YouTube. You’ll do this with the support of our amazing brand and content team.
- Responsible for executing a 10/10 content calendar for all social channels that captures what we’re up to and what’s important to us in a way that is dynamic, engaging, on-brand, visually appealing and entertaining
- Executes all content deployment through our selected platform, Sprout– while achieving necessary approvals for new content creation and working cross-functionally where appropriate. This will include taking long form class content and creating micro-content specifically for social to highlight our virtual offerings in a strategic way.
- Channels you’ll be responsible for include:
- IG, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Spotify, Pinterest and any other emerging platforms that we identify are a fit for our brand
- Champions efforts to engage our community with the intention of building and using a library of UGC
- You’ll find ways to digitize our in-studio experience through live virtual events that resonate with our community.
- You’ll pay attention to important and significant dates and events that matter to our community, and find ways to represent this on social.
- You’ll be a champion of representation and uphold our commitment to diversity in all its forms, on all channels, at all times (no exceptions).
- You’ll help us evolve our voice and build a clear vision for how it shows up on each social channel
- You’ll leverage a vast video and photo library, and support with new shoots where and when necessary
- You’ll partner with our Digital Guest Experience Manager to ensure our guests are taken care of virtually on our channels (and in our private groups) in a way that is on-brand and aligned with our marketing objectives
Digital Community Marketing
- You’ll help with website updates including the yyoga.ca blog ‘Off the Mat, and YYOGA at Home’s weekly releases.
- You’ll support the execution of our giving program, We Move Together, by being responsible for ensuring smooth execution of any social elements.
- You’ll develop resource guides and other blog content when it supports the execution of your social efforts
- You’ll support with reporting and analytics as it relates to social
- You’ll support with maintenance of our email subscriber database
- You’ll act as a bold connector in the community by dreaming, developing, and nurturing important brand partnerships that add value, in particular ones that can integrate with social and our social contesting efforts
- Work with key strategic partners to activate social events
- Assigned duties as required to support the execution of our marketing campaigns
- Other duties as assigned.
- You’ll identify potential Creator Partnerships and work to build & maintain our list of partners.
- You’ll come up with ideas for fun content creator drops to build brand love and pitch ideas for aligning partners
- You’ll pack and mail creator drops to help build awareness around promotions that help us achieve our KPI’s.
- You’ll also work to understand how to authentically leverage creator relationships and integrate their content in with the YYOGA brand
While 75% of your focus will be on the above, you’ll spend 25% of your time supporting with:
YYOGA at Home Content Production:
- We film all of our class content in-house in our film studio. You’ll collaborate with our Content & Community Manager and other key stakeholders to create the vision for new YYOGA at Home class content, and help with its filming and execution on a weekly basis.
- You’ll take this content and intelligently distill it across our social channels in an integrated way. While you’ll get some support from the C&C Manager with video editing where necessary, you’ll be responsible for leveraging the vast amounts of video content at your disposal for our channels in smart, interesting and entertaining ways.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Embrace a growth mindset and adapt well to rapidly changing environments that can often be outside of your control
- Post secondary education – digital marketing preferred
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in a corporate environment
- Clear and effective communicator & copywriter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with or on behalf of a brand’s social media
- Experience working remotely on a dedicated brand marketing team
- Demonstrated experience executing content in a live social or digital environment
- Demonstrated experience leveraging technology and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience in forging powerful relationships
- Bonus: experience with analytics and social reporting and measuring
- Bonus: you’re a yogi so you deeply understand our customer
While portions of this role can be done remotely, we are looking for candidates based near Vancouver, BC as some travel to the office and/or studio will be required during content gathering, photoshoots and video shoots. Our main film location is located off Burrard Street in downtown Vancouver and our head office is located off West 8th Ave in Vancouver. This role is best suited to the type of individual who is capable of embracing both structured work and a flexible, fluid way of working to ensure that the business’ needs are met.
YYOGA OFFERS YOU:
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Virtual yoga classes and studio membership
- Financial support for job-relevant learning and development
- Quarterly flex days for taking care of your wellness, family and personal obligations
- Health Spending Account for you and your dependants
- Unlimited mental health support through access to counsellors via a TELUS Health My Care subscription for you and your dependants
- Team member retail discount
- A supportive and collaborative environment
Submit your application to the hiring manager, Reegen Price, at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1st.
YYOGA invites and encourages all qualified people to apply; we believe in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic. Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our team.