Chopra Transition FAQ
What exactly does this mean?
Members of both centres can now enjoy 180 classes across our 2 downtown locations. Passes are interchangeable across the Toronto locations – as well as the multiple locations in BC. YYoga Queen Street West is located 2 km away at 333 Queen Street West and features 2 yoga rooms, an indoor cycling room along with an infrared sauna.
What does this mean to Chopra members with active passes?
YYoga will honour all active Chopra passes and memberships, which we are moving into the YYoga system. An active pass includes memberships, class passes with classes remaining and any guest who has a balance on account. Unsure if you qualify as an active pass holder? Please come into centre and we can help you out. Here are more details on how we are handling each pass type:
- Unlimited Passes of all lengths will have the same expiry date as purchased. They will be subject to the cancellation and hold policies as the YYoga Annual Pass.
- Class Passes will be transferred with the same number of classes and expiry date. YYoga class passes are not eligible for refund, transfer, holds or extensions.
- Auto-Pay Memberships will be given one complimentary month to cover the last monthly paid period. This month begins on October 1 for use at our Queen Street location. We offer the opportunity for these guests to choose the similar YYoga Month-to-Month option, or any other of our pass types following this month.
- Easy Pass balances under $200 have been transferred into drop-in classes at the same 25% discount per class ($15). Balances of $75 or less will have a 3-month expiry date and those with more than that will have a 6-month expiry date. We will be contacting larger balances to offer choices to transfer into YYoga pass products.
- Any un-redeemed social offers will not be honoured.
All past Chopra guests will be required to sign the YYoga waiver when they next come in for a class. Going forward, YYoga passes and rates will be available for purchase.
What is going to happen to the schedule that I have become accustomed to at Chopra?
The schedule and programming will remain similar for the fall session – with a few slight name changes. At YYoga, we amend our schedules seasonally and will re-assess for the winter season.
What about the teachers that I love at Chopra?
YYoga is pleased to offer contracts to all of the current teaching staff.
Where should I go to check out the schedule now?
We invite everyone to www.yyoga.ca to view the current YYoga Harbourfront and Queen Street West schedules. You can also download and print out a schedule that shows a combined look at both centres in Toronto on each of the centre pages on the web.
What about Chopra Yoga in Vancouver?
Our purchase agreement with Chopra Yoga Toronto does not extend to the Vancouver centre. Chopra Yoga continues to own and operate in Vancouver.
How much is everything going to cost now?
We have our passes, rates and policies listed on our site here: www.yyoga.ca/passesandrates.
What about Wellness?
YYoga is not a wellness operator. We are offering the opportunity for practitioners to rent the space and operate on a direct basis with their clients. We will have more information on this in the coming weeks as we discuss the changes with the practitioners.
What is YYoga all about?
YYoga is a network of yoga studio and lifestyle centres located in BC and Toronto that creates happier, healthier, connected people.
- YYoga offers a variety of yoga lineages and other fitness options – including YRide and that extend well beyond the mat.
- We provide unparalleled quality in our programming, amenities and services.
- We support our guests in their commitment to whole health with flexible offerings and locations to ease the transition from street to studio.
- YYoga presently has eleven studios; nine (soon to be ten!) in BC and now 2 Toronto
- YYoga is the largest independently owned yoga company in Canada
- We offer more than 900 classes per week across our network
- YYoga currently has over 8,000 members
- YYoga has an eye on continuing expansion in Toronto to offer additional locations for our guests and members to enjoy.